CT DMV e-DEC
(Electronic Driver's Ed Completion Certificate - formerly known as the CS-1)
UPDATE: Any paper CS1’s issued after 7/26/2021 will no longer be accepted by the DMV.
Starting 7/19/2021, Electronic Driver Education Certificates will automatically be emailed to students via email address on file (check your spam folder if you haven't received it) upon completion of their purchased lessons, classes, completed signatures and quizzes for classes taken on zoom. Students must print the e-DEC and bring it with them to their road test at the DMV. Average turnaround time is 5-7 days from when they complete all requirements to issue the e-DEC. If the student is testing with us, there is no need to print the certificate, they will get their emailed certificate by the day of their test.
If you need your certificate rushed, or if you would like a certificate for what you have completed so far, please fill out this form. We will make arrangements for a rush or partial certificate.
*Terms and Conditions
As a courtesy to our students, The Next Street may be able to provide a rushed or emergency e-DEC if the following minimum requirements have been met. Before you submit this emergency request form, please be sure that you have ALL of the following minimum requirements. If you submit the request without meeting the basic requirements, we will not be able to fulfill the request.
Please note: for a duplicate e-Dec, there is a $15 fee.
Before we can send out your emergency e-DEC, please read and agree to our terms and conditions:
- RUSHED e-DEC = anything less than 7 business days from when a student has completed the course
- You have completed all quizzes and signed for all classes in the student portal.
- FOR PARTIAL CERTIFICATES OR 8HR COURSE CERTIFICATES: If under 18, you must have held your permit for 180 days and completed the state minimum requirements for the 8hr safe driving course. If you are over 18, you must have held your permit for 90 days and completed the state minimum requirements for the 8hr safe driving course
- FOR A FULL CERTIFICATE: If under 18, must complete all 30hrs of classroom instruction, 8hrs of driving lessons & held permit for 120 days
- The Next Street is not responsible for DMV test reschedule fees under any circumstance